“Field Guide to the Fishes of Southern Gulf Catchments in Queensland” was released at the Lake Moondarra Fishing Classic in Mount Isa on 30 October 2010.
Printed on waterproof paper and a handy A5 (tacklebox) size, it contains photographs and full descriptions, fishing rules, distribution, reproductive behaviour and general information of 39 freshwater species and 22 saltwater ones. There are also brief descriptions of 48 other species for a total of 107 species. The book also contains fishing tips, catchment descriptions, camping and travelling tips and a lot more useful information.
The book is retailing for $35 and can be purchased from the following outlets –
- Southern Gulf Catchments Mount Isa: freephone 1800 676 242
- Atlas Superstore: 5 Simpson St, Mount Isa
- Tool’N’Tackle: 12 Simpson St, Mount Isa
- The Thingodonta’s Den: Riversleigh Fossil Centre, Marian St, Mount Isa
- Niffty’s Cash Store & Takeaways: 97 Camooweal St, Mount Isa
- Atherton Bait and Tackle: 82 Main Street, Atherton
- Barramundi Discovery Centre: 148 Yappar St, Karumba
- Pinnacle Village Holiday Park: Vixies Road, Wonga Beach
- Bedrock Village Caravan Park: Mount Surprise
- or from the author via contact us